We offer a fully licensed play-based Preschool Program for kids 2 to 5 years of age.
At Kidz Korner, our main objective is to provide a safe and stimulating environment for your child, customized to their unique learning style. Facilitated by our specially trained staff *, our academic enrichment program helps children learn their ABC's and 123's through carefully planned activities that will allow him/her to develop socially, physically, emotionally and intellectually. We will make your child's first school experience a positive one.
We offer flexible scheduling options! Children can participate in morning, afternoon or full day classes with 2, 3, 4 or 5 sessions per week - extended hours available (maximum 6 hours)
- Our 2 1/2 hour classes will include: circle time, creative crafts, music, dramatic play, science, sensory and nature activities, introduction to technology and field trips
- Children staying during lunch hour (11:30-12:30) will be provided with a lunch prepared at Kidz Korner. Our goal is to provide whole foods, unprocessed, unrefined, free of additives with only natural sweeteners. Our menus also follow the Canada Food Guide. We do provide morning and afternoon snacks as well (seasonal fruits and veggies with milk or water). Dietary restrictions and allergies can be accommodated.
Our Preschool Program runs September through August - registration is accepted anytime (subject to availability).
* All staff are trained in Standard First Aid and CPR-C (infant/child/adult).
Alternative Kindergarten Program
A new play based Alternative Kindergarten Program with smaller class sizes and lower teacher/child ratios than are currently available in the school system and most childcare centres.
- Follows the Ontario Ministry of Education's NEW Kindergarten Curriculum and exceeds all requirements from the Child Care and Early Years Act
- A strong focus on social/emotional growth, problem solving, self-regulation, and self-help skills
- Personalized reading and writing programs including weekly journals, sight words, interest based level readers and Raz kids account
- A concrete mathematics program with focused areas including date management, number sense, special sense, geometry, patterning, measurement and numbers/applications
- Daily parent/teacher communication, weekly email updates and persona learning portfolios with documentation of your child's learning throughout the program
- A seamless day for easier transitions with nutritious lunch and snacks, opportunity for afternoon rest if required and gross motor time in our unique play zone
- Community involvement and field trips with opportunities for parent/family involvement
Enrollment is limited and spaces are filing up quickly. Contact us to register now.
A one hour class (with caregiver) for children 1 to 2.5 years of age to explore and socialize through play (alphabet, numbers, colours and shapes using a variety of sensory experiences).
This teacher facilitated program will both educate children and give parents ideas for fun, age appropriate, and educational activities for the home that aid in the foundational aspects of learning.
Includes one hour of playtime in our indoor playground.
Contact us for more information to register.